Contributors

Tuesday, 6 November 2012

No blog activity == no activity

Wow, it really has been a l_o_n_g time since I've posted something here.  Honestly, there's not much to  report on.  There's been no training - no swims, no runs, no bikes.  The cold weather and frost is out, so there's no more bike commuting.  I've been enjoying the "time off" from training a lot - enough to probably lose what I spent much of the year accumulating for the Ironman.

Oh well.

Seriously - right now, this is not a big deal to me.  I'll get back at it.  I'll start up again, I'll pick a new goal, and I'll move towards it.

In the mean time, it's been a relaxing time with the family, and included a wonderful trip to Disney World.  So many wonderful memories.  So many wonderful experiences.  Just too much fun.

What's funny is that I'm still reveling in being an Ironman.  After dreaming and working towards that for about a decade and I've made it.  Still so proud of myself.  I don't even know how long it's been since the race, but it still feels like yesterday.  It's odd, but I'm still in no rush to get active again.

Yet that tingling is forming again.  I can feel the urge to get active starting to stir again.  Nothing crazy, but just something.  Some base work to ease into the winter months.  But now there's that mental thing to get over - I was going to get a short run in tonight, but my mind won out and here I am sitting on the couch.  :)  Maybe we'll try again tomorrow.

As for my next goal, still tossing that one around.  Another marathon?  Half marathon?  I do know that I'd like to work on some speed and strength "in general" so that probably means more shorter stuff.  Either way, there's nothing until next spring (at least), so I still have some time.

But first, I gotta get off the couch - a run, a spin, some BodyRock or yoga.  Something.

Tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!  :)

No comments: