Contributors

Friday, 3 February 2012

The time for excuses is now

If there are any excuses in mind, now is the time to get them out of the system. March 5 is fast approaching and that signals the start of Ironman Mont Tremblant training. I am determined to give this my all, and I have tools and people to help me like never before. I will not waste their time or my money by doling out excuses.

And trust me, I have excuses like never before. And with the winds of change starting to blow, there will be more trying to voice themselves. I have dealt with them well so far....

Swimming continues to improves and it is starting to threaten cycling as my strong point. Running is still my weakest discipline but Greg is setting up some analysis and focused work to improve that. That information will be valuable once training starts.

Running in Ottawa has been difficult this winter. We continually deal with ice and freezing rain - the only constant this year is that you never know what you'll get. Still I am getting out a few times each week with very slow paces to deal with the lack of footing. On the plus side my runs have been Z2 because of this. But there is a real lack of strength that I am eager to work on, and ice doesn't help with that.

As for my reference to The Winds of Change, there will be more in that later. And hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

Now to deal with the excuses.

No comments: