Contributors

Friday, 20 January 2012

The physical challenges are easy

Life happens - we all know that.  But we get set in our daily routines, fall into our comfort zones, and become a slave to the grind.  And when life does happen, we're thrown off and get stressed, uncomfortable, and perhaps even panicked.

For me, life is happening.  This time, I'm the one causing it, but that doesn't make it much easier.  I've been rather comfortable with my place personally and professionally, and I'm removing that balance for now...looking for a better situation.  Eventually, I'll get it.

But it's this stuff that I find hard because my decisions affect those around me.  Well, at least they have the potential of affecting them.  For me, getting up at 4:30am for a long workout is easier than fitting it in the middle of the day because I feel like I should be at home with family, or doing things that need to be done.

For me, this is just another test, one that I need to explore and experience, rather than wall up and avoid until it absolutely must be dealt with.  This needs to be just another thing in my day, not an excuse to affect the things I need to do and want to do.

Let the test begin.

No comments: