Contributors

Saturday, 23 July 2011

Happy New Age Group Day!

That's right - I'm in a new age group today! I'm now a proud member of the M40-44 group!

Yup, today I turn 40. It's so weird that I am 40. For many many many years I've never seen myself as a particular age, nor the people around me. I just feel that we're all the same kinda age and it just doesn't matter. Thankfully, I still feel that way. For me, 40 doesn't signify anything - never did. Age truly is a number, and all I can say is that I don't feel like this number defines me.

What this year DOES mean for me is this - one solid, focused year of preparing for the biggest challenge of my life: Ironman Mont Tremblant. What's even more important - getting to do all this with my lovely family and great friends.

Worried about being 40? Bah! Bring it!

2 comments:

robert said...

You have the same attitude about turning 40 that I did about a month ago. Good luck with the training over the next year leading up to IMMT.

Ironman By Thirty said...

Now you are the young guy in the age group! Go get in IMMT next year!

Happy 40th!