Contributors

Saturday, 29 January 2011

Unplugged and getting back to it

Well the Holter monitor is done and dropped off. I can't believe how awkward that thing was! All I can say is that I hope the Matrix never comes to fruition.

And I am still showing the marks from it. Not only do I have shaved patches on me, but also I have red squares on my skin from the ECG pads. I don't know if it is a skin irritation or just from the adhesive but I look like patchwork.

As for swimming this week, I will have to do something about that. I may have to grab the trimmer and give my chest a fade so it's not so noticeable. Lovely.

To celebrate the occasion yesterday I went for a run. The weather was perfect and the traction was far improved. There was a tonne of people out because of the weather, and the Rideau Canal was packed. I enjoyed it all very thoroughly.

One thing got me by surprise - muscle tightness. Quads and abductors, and the ever-present back tightness. Need to work very hard on that...consistently.

It is so great to be unplugged. Such a weird experience. I hope I do not have to wear that again. If I do, it'll be for more than 24 hours. I have been told it could be as much as two weeks - I cannot imagine...

1 comment:

JohnP said...

You'll be used to it in no time, soon you'll even be doing nipple clamps as a hobby ;)

Welcome to the real wurld Neo. :)