Contributors

Sunday, 23 January 2011

Not really a rest day - honest!

Today I started by saying I would get my 1hr run done in the morning. I had full and complete intentions of getting it done. But then the day just kinda melted away.

I spent some time playing with my daughter first. Then I decided to install the new furnace humidifier. The installation DVD said it would take 1hr to do, and I really thought it would. Hell, I've installed one of these before. Well, it was much more complex (and larger capacity, hence the complexity). One hour turned into four, but it's done, and done right. People came and picked up the old washer and dryer, and then I decided it was time to get the garage organized enough to get the car in. And after freezing for about 30min in the -30C-ish temperatures, the job was done.

That's when we found out that the car wouldn't start.

Luckily I found a boost easily, and then took the car on the highway for 30min to hopefully charge up the battery again. Being in the garage should help out with that.

Then it was supper, dishes, bath time, bed time.

And now I sit with my wife watching tv. And for a day where I didn't run, I hurt. My back aches. My legs are tight and stiff. My back is spasming on and off. I feel spent. But it's all worth it. I love doing stuff for my wife and daughter - perhaps too much. :) Knowing that your actions are improving their lives is a feeling that can't be beat.

Week 2 starts tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. Not looking forward to the cold, but looking forward to the work.

1 comment:

JohnP said...

whoa, sounds like a full day indeed!

It's waay too cold to have car trouble. Our battery finally died the other day, go get yourself a new one!

Our humidifier has been off for ages. I dont think I see a difference. well, maybe I do but just slightly.