Contributors

Thursday, 27 January 2011

I'm totally wired!

Seriously - I am. And it's driving me nuts. And tomorrow morning I expect that it'll hurt like hell tomorrow morning.

Confused yet? Let me explain. This morning I went to the cardiac center and got setup with a holter monitor. I endured one of the roughest shaves I've ever experienced...on my chest. I then had rubbing alcohol applied to make the surface more adherent...or find all of the tiny cuts from the shaving. Glue was then applied and the ECG pads essentially welded to my skin. The leads were tested, connected to the pads, and taped down for good measure. I swear this stuff could be used to build the space shuttle, or at least hold it together.

I cannot remove this device until tomorrow morning. The five leads will be a part of me all day today, and it only took a couple of hours to annoy me. Pulling, tugging, chaffing, getting in the way. I can't wait to try to sleep with this tonight. But there's no swimming, no bathing, no showering. So no workouts for me today.

At least it's only 24hrs. Tomorrow I get to remove this. And if I'm lucky, I'll be able to do it without waking my family to screams of pain as I remove the pads.

1 comment:

JohnP said...

Good luck with that.

At least it's not an anal probe or sumfin' lol