Contributors

Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Bike mojo > Pool mojo

Yesterday, I had absolutely no desire to go to the pool. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. I just wasn't feelin' it, and I decided not to fight it. So I skipped the pool.

Roll the clock back a few hours from that time, and I come home to my wife working out like a banshee in the workout room. Bike workout, cardio, weights. It had been a long time since I had done anything like that, and it appealed to me.

My mind was made up. I would not swim. I would ride. And I would ride with my new Spinervals video. And I would like it.

And I did. I liked it a lot. I only got through half of Spinervals 30.0 but I got a tonne of benefit from it. The focus is muscle endurance, with the entire video doing longer intervals just below lactate threshold. My legs were feeling the work the entire time, and the feeling went deep into the muscles - total fatigue was in the works (I'm sure the remaining half of the video would achieve that). This is a totally different workout than all of the other videos I have.

My legs felt good when I was done, and according to the HRM they burned off 960 calories in the 1hr10. Not bad!

Today, my legs are heavier but still feeling good. It certainly wasn't enough to hold me back from today's fartlek run. My fartleks certainly weren't as fast, but they were still strong and I felt pretty good (certainly better than I will near the end of the marathon).

A good week so far, and I'm having fun with it. I will return to the pool tomorrow, and to the road for a short run. Looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Closet Artist said...

Bravo mon amour!!!
Look forward to the post where you tell us you conquered the DVD!!