Contributors

Friday, 31 December 2010

I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions

I really don't. I hate the fact that people think/believe that with the passing of one year, in an instant, they can change whatever they want. January is always the busy time of year for weight loss clinics, fitness centers, sports stores. By February, all that stuff is on the curb or collecting dust in the basement. It's not what you buy, it's what you do.

Yet this year, I'm grabbing at a similar notion. The last month has been nothing but dining out, celebrating and self-soothing with treats. The purchase of the new home, the completion of the move, Christmas and New Years with friends. It has all added up. And I've decided that it has to change - now. I don't like it, I don't like how I feel, and I feel so far from my goals now.

This is my last complaint on this blog - and it completes 2010 for me. 2011 will be much more positive, more focused, and more consistent. It all starts tomorrow for me - success, success and pride. Better eating (including portion sizes), more consistent training, and more pride in what I do.

Is this change because of New Year's? I don't know, and frankly I don't care. I want to be back where I was before - confident, fit, dedicated. And I'll get there, and it starts tomorrow.

Happy New Year, everyone! And if you're in the Ottawa area, I'll see you out on the streets!

No comments: