Contributors

Saturday, 11 December 2010

Disconnect!

It's been a while since I've posted, but there's good reason. Well, it's not a good reason, but s**t happens, I guess.

Two weeks ago I put in a move notification to my internet provider. They decided that rather than wait for the actual date to move it, they'd just move anyways. And each time they move it, it takes 5 days, and they can't stop the move when it's in progress. Long story short - we're without internet service at least until I move into the new home.

Not. Impressed.

Everything else is going alright though. I've had almost all of the tests done for my odd HR beat (which, lately, has all but disappeared), and just need to get fitted with a halter monitor next. Hopefully I can get that done this week.

Other than being rather tired, things feel pretty good. I've got three runs in this week - short and slow, but still a run. I can tell that I need to get strong again, but it'll come back. I'm thinking more and more of what to accomplish this year, and my "short" list so far is:
  • the Ottawa marathon in May;
  • sprint tri in Smiths Falls that I always do;
  • half-iron tri in Carleton Place that I missed last year;
  • full-iron tri in Ottawa in September.
That seems kinda big. Especially when you haven't been all that active lately. But goals, for me, are important. They are the stepping stones to dreams. I just need to remember that when I'm trying to get my a$$ out the door.

2 comments:

Closet Artist said...

To quote the very wise Yoda
"Do or do not. There is not try"

:D

kizzy said...

Good to hear from you..Keep posting..
--I prefer running without shoes. My toes didn't get cold. Besides, if I'm in front from the start, no one can step on them. ~Michelle Dekkers - smartwool socks