Contributors

Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Getting close

The days have been a whirlwind of activity lately. Our house goes on the market today or tomorrow and all the last minute stuff is upon us. My front porch is almost rebuilt and my wife is busy purging and staging. Luckily she know many people in the area, one of them who owns a cleaning company - and their company is more than welcome today!

One thing I find interesting is how much my daughter is right on board with this. I was expecting some drawn out misery leaving the house. But for her, if she can take her stuff and stay at the same school (yes to both), she is excited for a new home. When she goes to see a house with us she's right in there checking it out - first the bedrooms and then the basement. I guess the rest of the living area is just extra space to her! And yes, she does give her opinion!

Just a few more days of hard work - that's what we keep telling ourselves about this process. But behind it all I have a good feeling about this. Our new home is out there, just waiting to be found.

No comments: