Contributors

Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Chrissie Wellington - the new Terminator

This is a snapshot from SlowTwitch of Chrissie Wellington getting a T-shirt from a fan near the finish of IM Arizona this year. As expected, Chrissie won. And I expect she would have won Kona again if she hadn't got sick.

I laugh at the thought of "being chicked" - it happens to me all the time. Hell, I get "gramma-d" too. But with Chrissie, at IM Arizona 2010, there were only 7 men who didn't get chicked.

That's right, only 7 men were faster in this race than Chrissie. That gender divide is shrinking fast, and Chrissie's got something to prove.

Congrats to Chrissie! Can't wait to see her finish first overall!

4 comments:

JohnP said...

I'd tap that.

Wow, all kinds of blogs with Chrissie pics are awesome! Yum Yum!

Luv that shirt, I get grandma'd all the time too. I don't mind that but when I get Hippo'd I begin to get down on myself. Like W.T.F. - awesome for them, sucks bad for me. lol

Not only does she crush the competition, she does it with a smile and so modestly. What class!

I'd like to see her be the first across the line in front of all the men. Now that, would be crazy!

gretchen said...

Wow - the chick of all chicks!!
You can find them here : chicked.com

Paul Taylor said...

She's really cool too. I was volunteering at Ironman 70.3 Boulder near the transition area and she joined happily joined us...love living around Boulder.

Paul
www.familyfanclub.net

Paul Taylor said...

She's really cool too. I was volunteering at Ironman 70.3 Boulder near the transition area and she joined happily joined us...love living around Boulder.

Paul
www.familyfanclub.net