Contributors

Wednesday, 13 October 2010

Never had blisters there before

This swim stuff is getting crazy. I'm now among the 3x/week crowd (but only going twice) and the workouts are, well, let's just say they're more intense just like many of the other swimmers in my masters club. This is gonna be a good year for my swim!

Last week, we had a main set that contained 9x100m kick with fins. Last night this theme continued with 8x150m kick - that 1000m! I am certainly getting my money's worth on those swim fins. But about 600m through, I felt some discomfort on my toes on both feet, almost as if I had kicked the wall. Turns out I have blisters on all 10 toes across the top of the "knuckle" from all this kick. It's on every single toe! There's no adjustment on the fins, so I'm not sure what I'll do about that…other than suck it up. :)

I do notice as well that my ankles are achy too, and my hips are quite tight (aka – much tighter than normal). I noticed this quite a bit during today's short run. It's nothing bad, but if I don't address it now, it'll turn chronic or become some injury. Better see if my favorite multisport shop has The Stick!

No comments: