Contributors

Tuesday, 15 June 2010

On the mend

It's been nearly a week since I've done any training, and I'm missing it big time. Today is an absolutely gorgeous day in Ottawa, and all three sports would be a fine addition to it. I hear my two bikes in the garage whimper for lack of use, and my freshly-laundered running gear is...well...fresh.

As for me, I'm starting to recover. My body feels sluggish and weak, and I'm down 15lbs. I have been able to eat more reasonable amounts of food for a few days now, but my stomach still protests in the mornings, preventing any commuting other than bus-riding. And while I'm still craving more sleep, it's not as bad as it was last week.

I was SO tempted to run today. I was trying to justify a short, laid-back run on my lunch break so I could enjoy the weather out there. I'm also starting to feel pressure for not training: the Smiths Falls sprint tri is on Sunday, and the half-iron in Carleton Place is only 4wks away now (if that). But thankfully I was rational and decided to take this day off as well, hopefully accellerating my recovery.

But it is getting harder to stay rational. :)

No comments: