Contributors

Thursday, 22 April 2010

REGISTERED - CN Cycle for CHEO

Myself and my buddy Scott have both signed up for the 70k loop in the CN Cycle for CHEO on May 2, 2010. This is a great event with an even greater cause - funding for Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario Foundation, Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Support Programs, and Ronald McDonald House.

I've had to take my daughter to CHEO on a few occasions. Even for minor reasons, going to CHEO scares the crap out of you as a parent. I can't begin to imagine what it's like for kids and parents dealing with severe situations. My co-worker, John, has two daughters that seem to be at CHEO on a monthly basis for a disease that has no cure until the disease takes its course - either severe anemia requiring a bone marrow transplant, or leukemia which would require chemotherapy. I've told him that I don't know how he does it, that he's a stronger man than I am. To which he simply stated "You do it because you have to. When it's your kids, you just do it and think nothing of it."

So in my own minor way, I like to think that I'm helping these families out by doing this ride. I may not raise a lot of money, but it's more than what they had before.

If you wish to make a donation, click here. And note that 100% of all donations go directly to CHEO, Candlelighters and Ronald McDonald House.

No comments: