Contributors

Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Pas de courir pour moi aujourd'hui

That's "No run for me today" in French. And I'm confident I got that right because I used Google Translate to confirm it (my French is not very good at all).

Why the French? It's the only fun I've had so far today. Work is I-N-S-A-N-E right now, and it's only going to get worse.

The GOOD news comes from last night in my masters swim. The coach is trying to get my cadence up, so he gave me a few things to think about for the first 1500m or so. Then he gave me some drills and really high intensity stuff to set me up. It actually worked. My 100m time is usually around 1min45 or 1min40 if I worked hard at it. After swimming just over 2000m, and doing the prescribed drills. I was able to turn my cadence up a bit and sailed in two consecutive 100m runs in 1min33 - and the intensity wasn't as hard as it would be normally. Going to have to keep working those drills, and finding that sweet spot now. Yeah, my 100m time dropped, but I wouldn't be able to hold that for 500m (my coach seems to believe otherwise). Now it's time to find that new time-trial pace at the 300m, 500m and 2000m distances with the new cadence.

As for work, wish me luck. The next couple of weeks are going to suck!

No comments: