Contributors

Monday, 8 February 2010

Bleh

All was good last week until Friday hit and I felt very blah, with virtually no energy. I was getting winded climbing a single set of stairs. I opted to pass on Friday's hard tempo run with Steve, and swap it with a recovery-intensity spin that night. That certainly didn't happen.

I ended up in bed at 8.30pm. Not a good sign.

Saturday I felt even more crappy, as did my daughter who was fighting (yet another) cold. She skipped ballet and we just hung out together. Hanging out turned into napping on the couch and feeling rather sh*tty. I never, never, nap during the day. Again, I was in bed by 8.30pm.

I guess it's more than just the exercise. ;)

Sunday I mustered up enough black elderberry extract and ibuprofen to take my daughter and her friend to the Children's Museum at The Museum of Civilization. The two girls had a blast of a time, and they got to play pretty much all day together. I managed to feel just "bleh" the whole day, and figured I'd make it to work on Monday.

Not so. I was up at 6am, then at 6.30am and felt worse than "bleh" all morning. I decided to practice what I preach and take a sick day (I hate it when sick people come to work). Turns out my daughter was still feeling crappy (waking up too early will probably do that) so the two of us hung out all day while mom went to work. The poor kid was excited to spend another day with me, but I didn't do much with her other than cuddle and the odd bit of Webkins.

Tonight I'm feeling a bit better - seems like once I get moving I'm okay - but I'm still skipping the swim tonight. We'll see what tomorrow brings, but it certainly won't be any training at all. This week is all about getting ready for our mini-trip so I can enjoy more than the bed at the hotel. :D

But when we get back, the game's on. No more "bleh" at all. (Fingers crossed.)

2 comments:

Closet Artist said...

No more "blehs" 'cause we are heading to GREAT WOLF LODGE!!! {just imagine that being said with arms waving around a certain wee's head!!} LOL
We are going to have a good time!

BFL said...

Elderberry is not only valuable for its antioxidant potential, it has also exhibited particular health benefits that are substantiated in studies in the areas of immune support, physical stress, cardiovascular support and healthy inflammation response.