Contributors

Sunday, 17 January 2010

It's about time

Finally - it's done! That time-vampire of a project that I've been working on for weeks is finally done and delivered. The results are great (so far, at least) and business and customer seem happy (so far, at least) so this weekend, even though I was expecting a support call the entire time, I got to sit back, relax, and recover. Only now am I realizing just how much that project sapped from me. Thankfully, it's successful. So far, at least. ;)

It's nice to be back to a non-urgent mindframe. It's one that can come quite often in high-tech, and while some guys thrive on it, I see it like overtime - you tend to do it only when you need to. So we sort of went back to basics this weekend - friends and playdates, cleaning and cooking, playing and relaxing. Definitely better than working weekends.

I'm glad it's done, and now I'm really feeling excited to get back to some activity. It almost feels like necessity though, 'cause I feel like I've got no energy and no stamina. Getting back into it is going to be hard, but I'm dying to feel better than I do now. Drop some weight, regain some aerobic capacity and strength, and get ready for spring.

And I'll try to start this up again, finally, tomorrow. Morning.

One thing I found about working so much is that not working out in the evening really freed me up for family stuff, and I really liked that. I've heard and read about lots and lots of people that do their workouts first thing in the morning, and many of those people LOVE it. I'm a sleep lover - big time - so this is hard for me to believe, but I'm willing to give it a try. I do hope it works out. Wish me luck.

And with that, it's off to bed. I'll need all the help I can get to head out in the morning.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I hear you. As a father of five, I had to start the a.m. workouts. It took a couple of weeks to get in the swing of it, but it assures that I am home for dinner and putting some serious time in the bank.

Good luck and happy training!

Mark