Contributors

Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Cause and effect.

As an engineer, I should know this. Here's the timeline from yesterday.

[5:00am] Wake up. Dear god....
[5:25am] Made it out the door. Can't wait for this to be over.
[5:40am] Hey, it's a beautiful morning. Glad I'm out.
[5:42am] Can't wait for this to be over.
[5:55am] Made it! Now to stretch.
...
[4:00pm] Claire! Let's go sledding!
[5:30pm] Claire! Time to go home for supper!
...
[7:00pm] Dear god I'm tired. That sledding hill feels big now.
...
[9:20pm] (Wife) "Aren't you going swimming?" (Me) "Um...er...nope."
[9:30pm] ....zzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz..... (hugging pillow)

I was super tired all day long after the morning run. I thought I'd make it to swimming though - I really did! Maybe it was the early morning, maybe it was the sledding, but it sure had an effect on me come the evening!

Hoping to "make up" for it by running at lunch today, and perhaps getting a swim in Thursday or Friday morning at Ottawa U.

No comments: