Contributors

Sunday, 6 December 2009

Calmer, An Indoor Group Ride, and a Ballerina is Born

Spin: 1h20min (Spinervals 13.0)

Calmer
Yes, I've backed off on the oppression rant (for now at least). Some rational thinking, some "big picture" examination, and a few well-timed emails from previous coworkers has certainly helped. To all of you that listened with willing, open ears - big thanks. I'm back to taking care of what needs to be done, and I have a mindset for moving forward. For now, that's all we can ask for.

Ride
Today was my first group ride with someone other than my wife. Scott invited me over this morning for a great workout. Scott offered the basement, I brought Tough Love. We got through the first 1h20 of that video, and we were feeling pumped and strong. Puddles formed, bottles were emptied, and we survived. I love that video, and it was good fun sharing it with Scott. I love the motivation I get from others.

Ballerina
This fall, we enrolled my daughter in ballet with her great friend, but this year it was at an actual dance studio. She absolutely loves it, and loves seeing her friend every Saturday morning. Every year, the school puts on The Nutcracker entirely with students from the school, save a principal dancer from somewhere else (this year it was a principal male dancer from Paris!). The whole family dressed up and headed to the theatre today for the show.

I've gotta tell you, the show was amazing. And even more amazing when you think that the oldest performer would be under 18. It wasn't the Royal Winnepeg Ballet, but it wasn't that far off either. The entire performance was terrific, and we all enjoyed it. I had tears in my eyes every time I thought of just how proud and excited the kids and their families must be - what a great experience for them.

And my daughter got to see just what you can do with ballet. She knew what a ballerina was, and what ballet is, but to see what it can deliver, and how involved you can be in it really lit a spark in her. She was mesmerized for pretty much the entire 2hr performance, and loved the sights, sounds and motion. It was great to see her pick out kids she new - "There's Jennifer!" is the only one I can remember (she had a lot of roles!). She got a lot out of it, and I think her ballet lessons are here to stay.

3 comments:

Mike said...

What other Spinervals would you recommend? I'm looking for some stocking stuffer ideas.

cdnhollywood said...

By far, 13.0 (Tough Love) is my favorite, and it's good for 1, 2 or 3hr sessions. Have Mercy (9.0) is killer, and it takes some working up to. The other two I use the most are Aero Base Builder III (18.0?) and Fitness 4.0 (Lean & Mean).

I tried to get a collection that covered all areas - recovery, base building, endurance, strength, and "why are my legs so wobbly." That way when the snow flies, I've got all types of workouts at my disposal.

Anonymous said...

Of course, what a great site and informative posts, I will add backlink - bookmark this site? Regards, Reader.