Contributors

Friday, 4 September 2009

H1N1, among other things

It has been a very long time since I posted on this blog, so I thought I had better do something about that. Besides it gives me something to do while on the bus.

I can't get over just how fast time flies. We have entered September, school is back in session, and masters swimming starts in two weeks. Maybe there's just a lot to do, or maybe I'm getting old - not sure I want to know the answer - but there never seems to be enough time in the day. Especially when the daylight gets shorter each day.

I still keep doing training but it has been a bit sketchy here and there. I am quite happy with the quality of training though, especially with the runs. Still getting 3 a week with 2 of those being 1k intervals at lactate threshold with 1min recovery between. I really want to focus on run strength and a bit of speed now as that continues to be my main limitter. Nothing on the bike yet this week but I'm not concerned - still lots of time to keep commuting to work on two wheels.

The latest bit of excitement in the house was my daughter being rather sick. It was certainly the flu and with all the press/hype on possible pandemics, as a parent you fear the worst. My daughter has never puked so much in her short life and I hope she never has to again (even in college). Thankfully she's much better now having mended up rather quickly. Now it's up to my wife and I to avoid catching whatever the little one had.

And call us paranoid but we have been very tired and feeling flat the last few days. I hope it's just nothing but I really hope it's just nothing. :). Lots of vitamins for the two of us!

Looking for motivation I have found a lot and not just in the form of races. Judi has an amazing story of transforming her life from drug addict to now-Ironman. Mr. Oseen and his wife have just completed Ironman Canada - again. Lots of other local stories being put up on locally-driven TriRudy.com too. And just thinking of all the athletes prepping for The Canadian events this weekend makes me giddy. So I have been tossing these three things around. I list them here to allow others to hold me accountable.
Well, the bus ride is almost over finally - especially exciting as it was 15min late. I guess I should have biked today. :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

It doesn't seem like you haven't posted in awhile. I hope your daughter feels better soon. Wow, you've been blogging for some time now, I remember when she was a wee one!

trimybest said...

haing a sick child is always bad! as for your goals next year, make them big. everyone needs some great ambitions now and then.

good luck!