Contributors

Thursday, 13 August 2009

A bit of a break

I'm pretty happy with the way things have gone this week. Two runs of good quality, and two enjoyable rides to and from work. Still slower than I was, but it'll come in due time (and with due dilligence).

The bike rides yesterday were quite enjoyable. I certainly missed that over the last month (time sure flies)! I felt strong still, but could tell that the stamina isn't what it used to be. And my ass sure got soft - ouch!

Not sure what the weekend holds, but I do plan to return to the long run tomorrow morning with Peter. He hasn't been running lately (focusing on bikes and swims) but he still likes the long run. If all goes well, we will cover about 10 miles along the Rideau Canal and
Dow's Lake before work starts.

Today's rest is quite welcome. Not that I've done a whole lot, but it does feel good to absorb some of the training and keep getting used to the heat and humidity.

Still unsure what goals I'll set for this fall. Got another reminder for the Army Run today which was very successful last year. Perhaps the half marathon there, just for kicks. There's also the Rattle Me Bones in October which I always liked. Still undecided for now - I guess that's okay. Right now, it is all about the fun!

No comments: