Contributors

Sunday, 24 May 2009

"...Just need to remember where I've been."


Yes, I'm still here.  Pleasantly tired, a bit emotional, a lot cranky, but I'm still here.

Two weeks ago was the week from near hell at work.  I got it all done with the extra time I put in, but I did get to learn a heap of stuff and then apply it right away.  Judging by the few emails that trickled in, everyone was pleased while I was away.

Last week was a vacation week for me.  My mother came by train from Saskatoon for a week-long visit, and it was the first time in two years (yes, two years) that we had seen each other.  What's worse is that she hadn't seen my daughter (her only grandchild) in two years as well.  We had a wonderful visit with lots of shared time, touring, visiting and of course a full week of gramma-granddaughter time.  It really was a great time, and we were all sad to see her go.  Thankfully it's only about 8 weeks until we head out west to see her and Grampa.

I did manage to get two rides and a run in last week.  And let me tell you that the rides were fun and the run was hell.  A rude awakening perhaps, but like Mader says "I don't need to see where I'm goin', just need to remember where I've been."

The remembering will start tomorrow by picking up at Week 13 of 20.  I need to remember the focus on quality in all workouts again, and not get caught up in the apparent loss of fitness.  With clear focus for each workout, and a bit of time, I'll get caught up again.

No comments: