Contributors

Monday, 25 May 2009

Good to be back!

Run: 40min including 18x30sec sprints w/30sec recovery (Rideau Canal)
Swim: 2200m @ 60min

Now I recall that lactate intervals are supposed to hurt. Doing 18 of them when you've only run a single slow run in the last two weeks...well, that hurts too. I was able to manage my pace properly and avoid going too hard (mostly), and I did get all 18 of them done.  And I nearly didn't - work's trying to be a time vampire again.



The swim was the first one in nearly 3 weeks (what was I thinking?!?).  I dropped into the water constantly focusing on form and nothing but.  I fully expected to be worn out and sucking water, but because I was able to maintain my form through the workout, I not only completed the set, but I added an extra 200m to it.  And quite frankly, it didn't really hurt as much as I thought.  Gotta love the pool!

Oh, the video?  Yeah, that doesn't really fit in here - at all.  But it's a killer tune that moves me, and with today's successes, I find it fitting.  Troy Jacobson - you've gotta incorporate this song in your videos!  :)

No comments: