Contributors

Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Transitions

Run: 7.4km @ 40.53 (Rideau Canal)
- includes 10 x 30" sprints w/2' recovery

This week, I'm not the only one in my family adapting and training. My lovely wife has returned to the workforce after spending the last 5 years as a stay-at-home mom. An exciting time for us all, which sees my wife entering a part-time job with a preliminary 6 weeks of full-time training. My daughter now goes to school full-day, with some time spent before and after school in the school's care program. All three of us are now adjusting to our new routines, and so far, we're doing just fine.

All day Monday, I worried about my wife and daughter, my wife worried about my daughter, and my daughter apparently didn't worry about anything. When we picked up the wee critter at 5:15pm, she greeted us with "Why are you here so soon?" 

Parental worries removed in an instant.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Kids! Ours was the same. When he was between 2-4 he didn't want us to leave him during play dates. Now? "Why are you here so soon?" or, "I'm leaving to go to to such and such house" without even asking for permission first...which has been corrected!