Contributors

Wednesday, 15 April 2009

It's official!!!

2009 is not my year to go to Kona. Funny, but I'm happy and sad at the same time - I didn't expect that kind of response....

The results for the 2009 Ford Ironman World Championship Lottery are now out, and my name's not on the list this year. If you are reading this blog entry before reading the lottery winner list - what the hell are you thinking?!? Follow this link to see if you're going!

Even though I didn't win a spot, I did win something else - belief in myself. Even with my wife and family always telling me that I'd do Kona if I got a slot, I've never believed that I could actually do it. Today, with their continued support that allows me to do what I love to do, I truly believe that I could (and will) do Kona within the 17hr timelimit. And for that, I'm a much stronger person. Thanks to you all.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a marathon to register for now. :D

2 comments:

Closet Artist said...

I am going to sign you up as a Xmas present every year until we make it there to the lava fields!!
But for this year we will be at every event we can, cheering as if every finish line is in Kona.

Trevor Oseen said...

Crap. Thought you were going there for a second... :)