Contributors

Saturday, 7 February 2009

Potpourri

Spin:  2hr15min (Spinervals 13.0)

It's been quite some time since I've done a Potpourri post, and since I've been slacking on my updates...well, today's the day!  Let's begin, shall we?
  • My spin today was performed much, much better than previous times, and I attribute it all to hydration and nutrition.  I managed to get out to Bushtuhka today, which was fully stocked with Hammer products >gasp!< so I stocked up.  Today's ride was fed by 4 bottles of water, 1 bottle of hyped-up Perpeteum (which is SO much better than Sustained Energy), and 3 servings of Espresso HammerGel.
  • I still, apparently have to figure this out a bit, because I got "head-y" and dizzy after 1hr45.
  • Bushtuhka is starting to role out their spring/summer stock, so I managed to get a pair of Brooks shorts dirt cheap - $27 (vs. $48).
  • Going to Costco on a Saturday sucks.  Period.
  • My mother-in-law ordered a 2yr subscription to Triathlon Magazine Canada, but checked the wrong box.  Instead I was getting Canadian Running.  I just got word from the Subscription department that this has been resolved, and they're sending my back-orders that I should have received.  >woot!<
  • Now having our Wii for a few weeks, I've been renting different games to see what's good for my daughter.  This week I rented what's "good" for me, and I'm painfully hooked!  Here's a little taste.
  • The soundtrack for the above game -- Need For Speed Undercover -- is awesome, so I purchased a few new tracks from iTunes.  I then created a new playlist I call "Hard 'n Fast" that I'll test out on my run tomorrow.  It's >2hrs long, and I'd guess the average beats per minute is around 11 bazillion.
  • My carpool has told me that I shouldn't play Need For Speed Undercover the night before I drive.  :(
  • The last time I ran with my iPod that had my hard-beat music, I matched my 5km PR time....on a training run.
  • When you order a shawarma, and the chef asks you a question that you didn't hear or understand, don't just say "Yeah, sure." Let's just say that I'm saving you a few hours of toilet time here.
  • My wife and daughter return from their trip on Thursday, and I just can't wait.  I think most guys would love to have 10 days of "freedom" from their family, but not me.  I much prefer having my family around.
Hmph - I guess the brain dump is over.  Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some highway racing to do!  :)

2 comments:

Closet Artist said...

Gee it sounds like you really miss us!! I think you have done more in the last couple of days than I have ever seen you do in the 20+ years we have known each other!! LOL

cdnhollywood said...

Oh trust me, my dear - I'm missing you! All this stuff's done just to pass the time....

Now hurry up and get back home!