Contributors

Sunday, 21 December 2008

The stuff that training's not made of

It's that time of year again, and while it makes my wasteline increase, it's all worth it.  This week I've been fortunate enough to participate in a few things that I usually miss out on.  I've been able to spend some very special time with family lately, and it's been great.

On Friday, my daughter had a sing-along at her school.  We missed it last year, but all three of us were there in the gymnasium just singing along.  It really was a special time for us all.

Yesterday, being the first day of my daughter's Christmas break, we were invited to the house of one of her friends.  The kids had a great time, and my wife and I got to meet some new people who were great to visit with.  So far, it looks as though the circle of friends has grown by two.  And I know that there's more get-togethers like this over the holidays with new people to meet - how exciting.

And today, we may have started a new tradition - the creation of the gingerbread house.  I put it together and added some icing, while the little one decorated it as she wanted.  Surprisingly, she didn't eat that many of the candies!  I, of course, cannot say the same (especially the icing).

So while the training and workouts have decreased in number, the good times with friends and family has increased to make up for it.  I like to think of it as the winding down of work, and the winding up of the season.

1 comment:

Closet Artist said...

Darn you beat me to it!!! I was going to hijack your blog and write a "this is how I train" post complete with icing pic!! LOL
The gingerbread house is lovely and like Claire, I can't wait to eat it!! LOL

XOXO