Contributors

Wednesday, 6 August 2008

Now why can't I do that in a race?!?

Run:  15.9km @ 1hr33 (All along the Rideau Canal)

Some slight discomfort in the right foot again (a stale neuroma?), but made better my loosening my Yankz laces at the forefoot.  I was tired but solid with form throughout, even after Monday's brick and yesterday's swim/bike sessions.  To be honest, I felt like I could have done the extra 5.2km to wrap up a half marathon.  Maybe I should have...except that I knew work was waiting for me (again).

Not much was had for breakfast (I love my MiniWheats -- sorry Chuckie, but they're too good!), but I did test out Vanilla HammerGel in my new Hammer Nutrition flask.  I mixed it half/half of gel and water and just carried it with me which didn't annoy me as much as I thought it would.  I think sipping away at this was enough to hold-off some extra lactic acid production and fatigue.  And the watered down version didn't taste that bad, really.  Although the Espresso flavor (with the added caffeine) would have been much preferred.  :)

Glad I got that run in today, 'cause I nearly didn't do it.  I was sore and tight from yesterday's tempo bike (I decided to do Spinervals Fitness 4.0) which I gutted out stronger than usual, and the dark overcast sky didn't perk me up well either.  I actually got out of bed, was half dressed, then wimped out and climbed into bed again.  Then I realized that I wasn't able to run at lunch, so I just sucked it up and headed out for my 5.55am bus.

Obviously, the training has become more mental than physical lately, and unfortunately, it seems to be harder.  But if it was easy, I would be feeling proud like I do.

Have a great day, y'all!

1 comment:

Kim said...

MMMM Hammergel Espress Gels, I love these!!