I don't know what it is, but it causes me to feel guilty that I'm not getting these workouts in.
Now while I vent to everyone out there, I probably should give myself some credit. This week has been a good week for training, and I've put in some hard, high-quality sessions in:
- Monday's hard tempo run
- Tuesday's super challenging tempo ride - 2x10min @ 90%maxHR with 10min rest within a 60min ride
- Yesterday's hill set with Peter - 5 x 500m @ 250ft climb each in ~3min, total run of ~60min.
Being an engineer, I analyze pretty much everything. I'm a smooth talker too. So I'll continue that trend here - but don't worry, a plan's a-comin'!
- Inconsistent training pattern. Since completing the half-iron, my training plan has not been followed as closely as before. I think I may still be trying to form the training "habit" I had before.
- Shorter days. Yes, we've passed the June solstice and now days are getting much shorter. My 4.45am wake-ups used to be greeted by the sun, but now it feels like midnight.
- No accountability. I have yet to register for the next half-iron on August 30.
- Poor recovery. Little stretching, improper fueling (before, during and after) doesn't leave much in the tank - mentally or physically. I need to read Chuckie V's recovery post...again.
So how will I work through this?
- Sign up for the half-iron race and make it official.
- Head to my favorite store and stock up on nutritional goods.
- Keep those goods in my office to support those lunch-time runs.
- Renew at The Lord Elgin for pool access.
- Stop going to bed at 11pm every night...well, at least those where a 4.45am call follows.
- Post all this to whomever will listen, and make myself accountable to them all.