Contributors

Wednesday, 4 June 2008

Found: A must-have for swimmers

Swim:  2500m @ 1hr
- Base interval of 2000m @ 51min
  (250m times:  6:20, 6:26, 6:31, 6:34, 6:35, 5:58, 6:21, 6:14)
Run:  7.5km @ 40min22 (Rideau Canal)

My local Sports 4 store surprised me by carrying the TriSwim line that I've read about in Triathlete Magazine for months on end.  I've wanted to try this stuff out for a long time, but never ordered it, and didn't know it was locally available.  So when my wife spotted it, I grabbed the shampoo and the body wash.

I paid roughly $10 each, and each bottle is 8 fl oz (much bigger than the adds make it appear).  Today was the first time I got to try them out, and it was a good test as I was in the pool for a bit over an hour.

The verdict - two thumbs WAY up!  Let me put it this way:  I do NOT stink like the pool.  At all.  Not one bit.  And my skin doesn't feel dry, tight and itchy either.  Both products seem to go a long way - you don't need much as it lathers up really well, so I expect that the two bottles will last at least as long as the other body washes I've been trying out.  I strongly recommend this stuff to any swimmer.

I'm just super happy that I don't stink like the pool!  That, and the fact that my new HRM is waterproof.  :)

2 comments:

Closet Artist said...

you are spoiled!!! but at least you smell good!

Cliff said...

This will be useful for those times where I swim before going on a date :)

At times I do enjoy smelling like a chlorine. At least I know i work hard enough to earn it :)

FYI, I put the stop on alcohol and caffeiene. Half Ironman coming up in mid July and the body need to be in shape.